1. First, make sure that you’re accessing our LiveStream channel while class is actually in session. Video recordings are not archived on LiveStream; instead, you’ll find them on your Course Recordings Page.
2. Next, make sure that your system meets the posted system requirements for LiveStream:
3. Lastly, a glitch in your browser’s Flash plug-in can cause you to miss or drop the video stream. The fastest way to fix this is to quit your web browser, and then to re-connect to LiveStream in a new browser window.
The LiveStream video is playing, but I’m not hearing sound.
1. The LiveStream audio plays through your computer’s sound card; so, make sure that you have your computer volume unmuted and turned up to near-full.
2. Also check the LiveStream volume control at the bottom left corner of the video window. Mousing-over this control will show the volume slider; push the slider up until the bar is fully white for full volume. If the speaker icon has a tiny “x” to its right then LiveStream is muted; click the icon once to unmute.
The Video seems to stop and start.
It is best to quit any other applications that use bandwidth while viewing this site. Here is what to do If your stream freezes:
Try closing your Livestream window and logging back in again.
Use MaestroConference dial-in (Telephone or VOIP) or the Audio Webcast instead.
How do I participate in the Chat on LiveStream?
A LiveStream account is otherwise optional, but such an account is required to participate in Chat. You can create an account at: https://secure.livestream.com/myaccount/signup. Log in to your account using the controls at the bottom of the Chat window.