A 6-Month Certification Program for Counselors, Coaches, Holistic Wellness Practitioners, and Others With Experience in the Healing Arts
With Program Director & Founder of Bodhi Academy
Rose Moulin-Franco, LPF, CPC
Practicum Supervisor & Lead Faculty
Sienna Terranova, LPF
Gain practical facilitation skills, a deep scientific understanding, and knowledge of traditional ceremonial practices to safely and empathetically support others through life-changing psychedelic experiences as a psilocybin guide.
Program Starts Wednesday, April 24, 2024
Click the links below to jump to specific FAQs:
How can I learn more about this certification program?
We are excited to share that Rose Moulin-Franco, LPF, CPC, and Sienna Terranova, LPF (along with other faculty) will be offering the Psilocybin Guide Certification with The Shift Network for those who want to gain practical facilitation skills, a deep scientific understanding, and knowledge of traditional ceremonial practices to safely and empathetically support others through life-changing psychedelic experiences as a psilocybin guide.
This six-month program starts on April 24, 2024.
To learn more, visit MushroomGuidesTraining.com.
We also invite you to the online event Explore a Career as a Psilocybin Guide: An Introductory Workshop About the Exciting Career Opportunities, Latest Science & Legalities, with Rose Moulin-Franco, LPF, CPC.
There will be two broadcasts:
- Premiere: Tuesday, January 30, 5:30PM (PST)
- Encore: Saturday, February 3, 11:00AM (PST)
To attend either broadcast or receive a recording of this event, please register with your name and email address here: https://theshiftnetwork.com/Explore-Career-Psilocybin-Guide
Time Zone: Please check your local time for the day of the event with this free Time Zone Converter.
Event Recording: If you are unable to attend either event time, please be reassured that the above link will also give you access to the recording (available within a few hours after the Encore broadcast).
How do I apply?
You’ll be notified of your application status within two weeks of applying.
A $200 non-refundable application processing fee is included in your payment.
What is the last day to apply/enroll?
The final day to submit an application and payment is April 15, 2024, at Noon Pacific. Since there is limited space in the program, approval is subject to availability.
What is the cost, and do you offer payment plans?
The program tuition through The Shift Network is $15,997 USD if paid in full (payment plans available). A $200 non-refundable application processing fee is included in this price.
If you apply with a payment plan, your first payment will be due 30 days after you submit your application processing fee, and subsequent payments will be automatically processed every 30 days until complete. The total payment plan price includes a finance charge.
It's important to note that travel and lodging fees for the in-person practicum retreat is not included in the tuition. There are additional costs associated with the Practicum Retreat and final Certification process (see below for those details).
What other costs can I expect?
In addition to the tuition you will pay through The Shift Network, you will be responsible for the following additional costs:
- $250 Certification Application Fee through Bodhi Academy (due at the end of the program, upon successful completion of all certification requirements)
- Food and lodging for the 10-day in-person practicum to be paid directly to the retreat center within 14 days after acceptance into the program (or by April 15). Price range is dependent upon accommodation selection (starting at $4,150, including tax & fees). Once accepted into the program, you’ll receive instructions to register at the retreat center.
- Airfare (cost will vary).
- Shuttle from Aspen airport to the retreat center is included. More information to come upon enrollment.
- Purchase of noise-canceling, over-ear headphones (recommendations will be provided, estimated at $300).
What is the schedule, and what are the main program details?
The certification program starts on April 24, 2024, and ends on November 22, 2024.
The program is presented in a highly organized and thoughtfully designed series of pre-recorded and live sessions that build sequentially to effectively integrate learning — throughout nine units (lasting several weeks each), including one in-person practicum.
All required training hours — other than the in-person practicum retreat — will take place on Zoom meetings and through pre-recorded content as you observe and perform intakes, preparation, and integration sessions.
All teaching sessions will be pre-recorded and available on demand on Thursdays at the start of each unit.
The weekly Integration Sessions will be held live on Zoom on Wednesdays at 5:00pm Pacific and will run for 90 minutes. Students are expected to attend all Integration Sessions or access the recordings during the same week as the live session.
The required Live Online Training will be held live on Zoom on select Wednesdays at 5:00pm Pacific and will run for 2.5 hours. Live Online Training also includes one additional 6-hour-day training on August 8, 2024. Attendance at these live sessions is a certification requirement.
Your online practicum preparation hours are built into the program schedule and include time spent observing supervisors and experienced guides. You’ll also be observed by supervisors as you conduct: intakes, preparation planning, preparation education, individual and group administration, integration sessions. These hours will be completed prior to traveling to the retreat center for the hands-on portion of your practicum.
The in-person portion of the Practicum will take place during a 10-day retreat in Colorado from October 22 to October 31, 2024.
During the practicum, you’ll have the option to experience psilocybin in a legal setting and learn how to safely guide clients and receive guide services from others in your cohort. For those who don’t wish to consume psilocybin, other modalities for inducing non-ordinary states can be substituted, including breathwork, trance work, and sound therapy. You’ll have the opportunity to practice guiding individuals and groups, and supervisors will be present to support the learning experience. At the retreat, you’ll conduct one group preparation session, individual and group administration sessions, one group preparation session, and four group integration sessions.
You’ll also have the opportunity to integrate your experience both during the retreat, and in the following two group integration sessions on Zoom.
It's important to note that travel and lodging fees for the in-person program(s) are not included in the tuition.
What bonus offerings are included with my purchase?
The Shift Network Sacred Journey to Peru Retreat Discount
To continue your psychedelic journey, all registrants will receive a $1,000 off discount code to be used towards a future Shift Network Sacred Journey to Peru retreat.
Ongoing access to three of The Shift Network’s most popular online psychedelic plant medicine courses:
- Chris Bache’s 7-module video course Exploring the Cosmic Mind Through Psychedelics A Sacred Medicine Path to Deep Universal Insights & Self-Transformation
- Stanislav Grof’s 16-module video course The Way of the Psychonaut An Advanced Program for Exploring Transpersonal Realms
- Christopher Hobb’s 7-module video course The Magic Mushrooms Course: A Step-by-Step Guide to Working With Psychedelic Mushrooms to Heal Your Emotions & Liberate Your Spirit
What is the refund policy?
A refund for the program, minus the application processing fee, is available for any reason on or before Midnight Pacific on April 15, 2024. Refunds will not be available after this date.
To request a refund, please click on this refund request form and submit your request. Qualifying refunds will be processed within five business days and an email confirming the refund will be sent. However, we’d love to have a chance to address and resolve your concerns first. If there’s something we can assist you with, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help! (No refund requests accepted after the above date.)
Are scholarships available?
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. For more information and to apply for a partial scholarship, click here (do not fill out a regular program application or submit a regular payment if you wish to be considered for a partial scholarship).
If you are awarded and enroll with a scholarship, your purchase will be non-refundable.
Partial scholarships will reduce the program tuition only and will not cover any portion of the in-person practicum retreat.
What are the certification requirements?
- Stay current on all Teaching Session content
- Attendance Requirements
- All weekly Integration Sessions (Attend live or access recording)
- Additional live Online Training Sessions
- One 6-hour day on August 8, 2024
- Seven 2.5 hour sessions on specific Wednesdays
- Formative Assessments (Six-month Certification program)
- Pass all open-book Quizzes (units 1-6)
- Complete and Pass the open-book Final Exam by due date
- Completion of the 10-Day In-Person Practicum
- Successful completion of all program requirements plus payment of the $250 Certification Fee to Bodhi Academy
Upon successful completion of the training program and practicum, students can apply to receive their certificate acknowledging that they have completed the training and are qualified to provide psilocybin services as a Certified Psilocybin Guide. Guides hold the distinct honor of being trained by professionals who helped develop state licensure standards. You will join the community of professional Guides and be among the first in the world to be credentialed as a Certified Psilocybin Guide.
What is the certification focus?
During the Psilocybin Guide Certification, you’ll gain extraordinary knowledge and skills for psilocybin services in the best traditional and clinically proven methods for supporting non-ordinary states and psilocybin experiences.
This training is a chance to learn additional specialized content in neurowellness, brain health, and specialty coaching skills for preparation and integration sessions.
You’ll receive in-depth teachings and experiential guidance on:
- Effective Dose Ranges: Learn in depth guidance on micro-, midi-, and macro-dosing strategies, for informing clients on what dose may be best for their needs
- Neuroscience of Psilocybin: Delve into the neurochemistry and neurobiology of psilocybin, gaining understanding about its impact on the brain and overall mental health
- Depth Coaching: Facilitate emotional processing, and help your clients understand and integrate their experience in a holistic way
- Effective Client Communication: Develop skills in non-directive, client-centered communication, enhancing your ability to guide clients through their experiences with empathy and understanding
- Cultural and Historical Contexts: Gain a deeper appreciation of the cultural, historical, and spiritual roots of psilocybin use across different societies and traditions
- Practical Facilitation Skills: Acquire hands-on experience with managing group dynamics, creating safe spaces, and addressing challenging behaviors during sessions
- Integration Techniques and Practices: Learn various methods and strategies for helping clients integrate their psychedelic experiences into their daily lives for lasting change
- Ethical and Legal Considerations: Understand the ethical implications and legal frameworks surrounding psychedelic facilitation, ensuring responsible practice
- Personal Development and Self-Care: Engage in self-reflection and self-care practices essential for maintaining your wellbeing and effectiveness as a guide
Does this training program qualify me to apply for a license as a psilocybin facilitator in the state of Oregon?
Not at this time. What we are offering is an extremely comprehensive Psilocybin Guides Certification, which is far more broadly applicable in all locations where professionals want to add guide services to their offerings.
Who is this program for?
Those who have experience and training in healing professions, including but not limited to coaches, therapists, guides, facilitators, ceremonial practitioners, wellness professionals, and personal development mentors, will find this program a valuable addition to their current modalities.
This offering is particularly well-suited for:
- Mental Health Professionals: Psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, and counselors looking to expand their therapeutic toolbox and integrate psilocybin-assisted therapies into their practice, especially for treating conditions such as depression, PTSD, and addiction
- Medical Practitioners: Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers interested in understanding the therapeutic uses of psilocybin and its integration into holistic health practices
- Wellness Coaches and Holistic Healers: Life coaches, wellness practitioners, and holistic healers seeking to deepen their understanding of psychedelic experiences and add them to their toolkit
- Spiritual Guides and Leaders: Spiritual or religious guides, such as clergy, spiritual counselors, or retreat leaders who wish to incorporate psychedelic healing into their practices
Will this program certify me to practice as a Psilocybin Guide?
The training itself does not license anyone to work as a psilocybin guide. That being said, there is a certification process done by Bodhi Academy upon successful completion of all program requirements.
This certification signifies you have:
- Worked with and integrated psilocybin healing through an interdisciplinary approach
- Developed expertise in client preparation, including intake procedures, setting intentions, and managing expectations
- Become proficient in guiding both individuals and groups through psilocybin sessions
- Understood the critical role of integration and how to support clients post-experience
- Developed an understanding of how to work with clients who have trauma, addiction, and other psychological challenges, using a trauma-informed approach
- Engaged in a comprehensive in-person practicum, gaining practical, real-world experience in a supportive and supervised environment
- Understood the legalities and the ethical considerations of psychedelic therapy
What can I do with my certification?
The Psilocybin Guide Certification offers a unique opportunity for individuals seeking to make a difference in the emerging field of psilocybin therapy.
As the decriminalization and legalization of psilocybin and other natural plant medicines progress in the U.S., there’s a growing interest in exploring their benefits. Our Certified Psilocybin Guide training addresses this demand by preparing guides to:
- Provide harm reduction and adult use services
- Integrate supported psilocybin experiences into existing wellness, counseling, or coaching practices
- Offer education, preparation, and integration services
- Collaborate on retreats and programs
- Provide end-of-life anxiety and depression support
- Partner with therapists or doctors for safe psilocybin experiences
- Establish guide services companies in decriminalized areas
- Enhance overall knowledge of psilocybin and integration methods
- Create community-based programs and education initiatives
If I participate, how many hours per month should I plan on dedicating to this certification program?
This is an intensive, academic-level program. You need to be prepared to commit approximately 36-42 hours per month to this program.
Is this training suitable for someone who lives outside of the U.S. or in a U.S. state that has not legalized psilocybin therapy?
While we don’t know the specifics of each jurisdiction, we encourage you to look into how you could apply the skills you learn during this comprehensive program to your own legal arena.
This program will go deep into content that covers how to contribute legally in the United States to offer harm-reduction services. You will be among the top-trained practitioners in the industry right now.
Psilocybin laws vary between states and countries. As such, what you are legally qualified to do after receiving this certificate should be verified with the location in which you intend to provide services. In addition, you may need licenses or other approvals in your city, state, or country.
Who are the faculty members?
Rose Moulin-Franco is the Program Director, and Sienna Terranova is the Practicum Supervisor & Lead Faculty.
ROSE MOULIN-FRANCO, LPF, CPC
Psychedelic Enterprise Executive & Founder of Moksha Journeys
Rose Moulin-Franco, LPF, CPC, the founder and Executive Director of Moksha Journeys in Ashland, Oregon, is a pioneer in legal psilocybin services. As one of the first licensed psilocybin facilitators under Oregon's new legal framework, her expertise spans various certifications, including Psilocybin Guide, Professional Coach, and Integral Consciousness Master Coach.
With a background as an outpatient treatment center owner and psychotherapist, Rose has focused her career on using non-ordinary states of awareness to aid recovery from post-traumatic stress, substance use disorders, and other persistent challenges.
As the creator and Program Director of Bodhi Academy, Rose oversees a state-approved training program for psilocybin guides, emphasizing comprehensive care. She serves as faculty and lead practicum supervisor for the program’s 100+ hour supervised practicum.
Rose's expertise in post-traumatic stress, substance and alcohol recovery, and the ceremonial use of psychoactive plant medicines is widely recognized. She served on the Rules Advisory Committee at Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Psilocybin Services, giving input and advice on rules for Facilitator Conduct, Preparation, Administration, and Integration.
Her contributions also include a range of personal development and spiritual exploration courses, books, and video programs, particularly in the Western mystical traditions, through her non-profit Enlightened Life Sanctuary. Her extensive experience in India, learning from various lineage teachers and receiving empowerment to teach Tamil Siddha, Shakta Kaula Tantra, and Advaita, underscores her commitment to liberating human consciousness and establishing enlightened life on Earth.
REVEREND SIENNA TERRANOVA, LPF, CICC, CBHT
Practicum Supervisor & Lead Faculty
Sienna, an ordained interfaith spiritual leader and community organizer, has a distinguished background as an underground guide, with 15 years of active practice. Through this experience, she witnessed the profound healing potential of psilocybin when used in a safe and supportive environment. A well-known advocate and educator of psilocybin in Oregon, Sienna was a key activist in advocating for legal, equitable access to sacred plant and fungi medicines.
Her expertise was instrumental during the establishment of Oregon's legal framework for psilocybin use. As a member of the Rules Advisory Committee at Oregon Psilocybin Services, part of the Oregon Health Authority, Sienna's insights helped shape the nation's first psilocybin facilitator licensure program, including the testing of products and the establishment of legal access service centers. At Bodhi Academy, she not only contributed to the development of the curriculum but also serves as a Lead Instructor and Practicum Supervisor. The program she helped design balances scientific rigor with spiritual understanding, covering guided psilocybin support, dosing for individuals and groups, cultural sensitivity, and respect for ancestral traditions of sacred plants.
In her role as the National Manager of the Facilitation and Guide Team at Moksha Journeys, headquartered in Ashland, Oregon, Sienna oversees operations across all legal states. As one of the first state-licensed Psilocybin Facilitators in the world, she supervises and trains other Guides and Facilitators and collaborates with experts to create retreat programs focused on healing and spiritual exploration through psilocybin. Her expertise extends to psychedelic preparation and integration methods.
Sienna also holds certifications as an Integral Consciousness Coach and Behavioral Health Technician. At Transcendence, the pioneering 28-day psilocybin-assisted addiction recovery retreat program, she is part of the leadership team. Her responsibilities include coordinating with a team of multidisciplinary specialists, managing client services, and providing direct care to clients engaged in intensive healing and transformative processes.
Other faculty include:
- Anthony Smith, LPF, PhD
- Prema Sagara, LPF
- Ben Randolph
- Rachael Fox Feather
There will be four guest faculty sessions in the program as well. Speakers and dates of guest faculty elective sessions are TBD. Please visit MushroomGuidesTraining.com for full faculty bios.
Can I participate in just the online training or just the in-person practicum retreat?
No. Students are required to complete both the online training and in-person practicum retreat in order to qualify for certification. We are not allowing students to participate in only one part of the program.
Do I have to work with psilocybin during this training?
During the practicum you'll have the option to experience psilocybin in a legal setting but it is not a requirement for participants of this training program.
May my enrollment be shared with friends or family?
No. We understand that it can be helpful to share with friends and family the meaningful insights, reflections, and revelations you experience during the program.
While we encourage you to share with others what you learn in the program, we ask that you do not share any of the program materials or anything from the Homepage or private online Community Group.
Each person interested in participating in this program needs to have their own separate application and registration (even spouses).
We maintain this policy out of respect for our Faculty and to honor the contractual agreement with them. The online portion of the program has been designed to replicate in-person training as much as possible; therefore, each enrollment is designated for that participant.
Here is our full Spousal Sharing Policy:
The Shift Network is happy to offer our 2-for-1 special to spouses or partners living under the same roof for most of our foundational courses with the purchase of one full-price registration. (Spousal participation is offered at the sole discretion of the Shift Network and is subject to availability. Certain exclusions may apply. The Company reserves the right to change or cancel this policy at any time.)
However, we are unable to extend this offer to participants in any of our advanced-level or application contingent programs, such as Certification Programs, Immersion Programs, Coaching or Teacher Trainings, and any courses or programs involving 1:1 faculty coaching and mentoring sessions.
We appreciate your inquiry about this and your commitment to being in integrity. Thank you for not sharing any program materials!
Is there an online community for this program?
Yes. Our exclusive online community is the perfect place to continue your discovery process after each class. Here, you can continue the discussion about your program materials and interact with your fellow students to take your exploration to an even deeper level.
You’ll also have the opportunity to join The Guides Collective for ongoing debriefing, mentoring, and networking for free during your first year of membership.