Participating in one of The Shift Network Course Community Groups on Facebook for a course you are enrolled in is optional, but you will need to have your own Facebook account in order to join the group. If you do not yet have a Facebook account (or if you want to start a new Facebook account just for your course participation), you can sign up for your free personal account in just a few easy steps:
- Go to www.facebook.com.
- When prompted, enter your name, birthday, gender, and email address into the form. (Note that you are not required to use your full or legal name.)
- Choose a password. (Make sure to write it down so you can log in later!)
- After submitting the sign-up form, Facebook will send a confirmation email to the email address you provided.
- Find the confirmation email in your email account. (Can't find the email in your inbox? Check your Spam folder. If you use Gmail, also check your Social tab and Promotions tab.)
- Click the confirmation link to complete the sign-up process.
- Once logged into your new Facebook account, you may be asked to provide additional information for your profile. These details are optional, and you can always click “skip” to return later and fill in your profile. You are not required to upload your photo if you don't want your photo on Facebook.
- You can also adjust the levels of privacy and security on your account.
For more help creating a Facebook account, please go to: https://www.facebook.com/help/
You are welcome to close your account once the course is over. The Course Community Group will remain open for up to one year after the completion of the course, although there will be no moderation or faculty participation.
Note: Summits and On-demand courses do not have Facebook Community Groups.