Installing Zoom to Participate in Live Courses
Before your course begins, please download Zoom, the FREE software you'll need to take best advantage of the course experience.
The Zoom link for live class access becomes available on your Course Homepage when each session is about to start. The Course Homepage is found on the Premium Access Website by logging in with the email address you used to purchase the course. We will offer a brief orientation to the Zoom software 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your first class.
Zoom Download Links for Mobile Devices
- Get the Zoom app from the App Store for Apple devices.
- Get the Zoom app from Google Play for Android devices.
Check for Updates!
It is imperative that you’re using the most current version of Zoom or it may affect your live class sessions. While using Zoom, watch for any notifications of new versions available and update as soon as you can.
Test your Zoom Connection
You can join a test Zoom meeting by visiting zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with Zoom and test your microphone and speakers. Click here for full instructions.
Zoom Best Practices
- Connect with an ethernet cable for faster internet (as opposed to WiFi).
- Make sure you have the most up-to-date Zoom Software.
- Use Google Chrome or Safari as your browser.
- Quit high bandwidth programs not needed during live classes.
- Have the Zoom phone numbers on hand as a backup connection.
- Use a comfortable headset during the session.
- Remove or turn off sound-generating devices (landline telephones, cell phones, fans, etc.)
- Should you choose to be on video, check your lighting so that your face is visible and not shaded or backlit.
If you have any trouble connecting to Zoom during class, please connect by phone with the instructions on the Course Homepage (accessed through the Premium Access Website), and AFTER class reach out to our Customer Support Team for additional support.