If you are having trouble getting into a Breakout Group during your Zoom Interactive Meeting, here is some information that should help you in the future:
FROM A COMPUTER / LAPTOP
- Click the JOIN button when invited to “Join Breakout Rooms.” (If you miss the prompt, you can always find it on the lower right of your Zoom interface.)
- You can control your video and audio settings once you’re in your groups, so please feel free to turn on your camera and microphone.
- Once in your breakout group, you can click the “ASK FOR HELP” button at the bottom of the Zoom window or, for iPad users, the top left corner. PLEASE NOTE that there is only one person who can respond at a time, so if you get a message that the host is busy, fret not; we have made a note, and will join you as soon as possible.
- You will see a 60 second countdown when the breakouts are ending and be automatically returned to the Main Room.
- You will be automatically placed in a group. You don't need to do anything. Please wait to be added.
- If you need assistance, press #9 on your keypad, understanding that it may take several minutes for the host to get to you.
- You will be automatically returned to the Main Room after the Breakout Group completes.