Audio Troubleshooting for Zoom
The typical cause of audio issues is not having connected to Zoom Audio when you joined the meeting. After you've clicked on the link to join the Zoom session, you should see an option to "Join With Computer Audio" (or "Call Using Internet Audio" if you are using a mobile device). Click on that option.
If you do not "Join With Computer Audio" upon entering the meetings and are unable to hear the speaker, follow these steps:
- Click on the headset at the bottom left of the Zoom window.
- Click on the prompt "Join With Computer Audio" (or "Call Using Internet Audio" on a mobile device).
Watch this Zoom Tutorial about video and audio settings
Click here to watch a YouTube video demonstrating how to test your computer audio and video.
Also, check these basics:
- Are you attending at the correct session time?
- Is your computer volume on and turned up sufficiently?
- Are your computer speakers working properly?
- Is your headset (if using) working properly?
- Do you have the most recent Zoom update? It is imperative that you are using the most current version of Zoom, or it may affect your live class sessions. Visit this link for video instructions on how to update Zoom.
If none of these suggestions work, try the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- Clear your cache. Visit: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ and click on the button that corresponds with the browser you are using.
- Test your Zoom connection. Join a test Zoom meeting by visiting zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with Zoom and test your microphone/speakers. For full instructions please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Test-Meeting
If you need assistance beyond these recommendations, please contact Zoom Support directly at: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us