Connect to Zoom Audio Upon Joining a Meeting
The most common cause of Zoom audio issues is not connecting to Zoom Audio when you join a meeting.
After you've clicked on the link to join the Zoom session, you should see an option to "Join With Computer Audio" (or "Call Using Internet Audio" if you are using a mobile device). Click on that option.
If you do not "Join With Computer Audio" upon entering the meetings and are unable to hear the speaker, follow these steps:
- Click on the headset at the bottom left of the Zoom window.
- Click on the prompt "Join With Computer Audio" (or "Call Using Internet Audio" on a mobile device).
Watch Zoom Tutorial
Click here to watch a YouTube video demonstrating how to test your computer audio and video settings.
Check These Basics
- Are you attending at the correct session time?
- Is your computer volume on and turned up sufficiently?
- Are your computer speakers working properly?
- Is your headset (if using) working properly?
- Do you have the most recent Zoom update? It is imperative that you are using the most current version of Zoom, or it may affect your live class sessions. Visit this link for instructions on how to update Zoom.
If none of the suggestions above work, try the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- Clear your cache.
- Test your Zoom connection. Join a test Zoom meeting by visiting zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with Zoom and test your microphone/speakers. Click here for full instructions.
If you need assistance beyond these recommendations, please contact Zoom Support directly.
If you have any trouble connecting to Zoom during class, please connect by phone with the instructions on the Course Homepage, and AFTER class reach out to our Customer Support Team for additional assistance.
The video recording will be available on the Course Homepage 48 hours after the live broadcast.