Live Video Access Issues With Zoom
The typical cause of video issues is not having connected to Zoom Video when you joined the meeting. After you've clicked on the link to join the Zoom session, you may be asked to preview your video option before officially joining the meeting. You can select whether or not to have your video on so others can see you. This should not affect your ability to see the teacher or course host.
If you do not have your video on upon entering the meetings you can click on the camera at the bottom left of the Zoom window to turn your video on or off.
Watch this Zoom Tutorial about video and audio settings
Click here to watch a YouTube video demonstrating how to test your computer audio and video.
Also, check these basics:
- Are you attending at the correct session time?
- Is your computer volume on and turned up sufficiently?
- Are your computer speakers working properly?
- Is your headset (if using) working properly?
- Do you have the most recent Zoom update? It is imperative that you are using the most current version of Zoom, or it may affect your live class sessions. Visit this link for video instructions on how to update Zoom.
If none of these suggestions work, try the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- Clear your cache. Visit: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ and click on the button that corresponds with the browser you are using.
- Test your Zoom connection. Join a test Zoom meeting by visiting zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with Zoom and test your microphone/speakers. For full instructions please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Test-Meeting
If you need assistance beyond these recommendations, please contact Zoom Support directly at:
If you have any trouble connecting to Zoom during class, please connect by phone with the instructions on the Course Homepage, and AFTER class reach out to our Customer Support Team for additional support.
The video recording will be available to stream or download on the Course Homepage within 24 hours of airing.
Global Course Homepage: https://shift.theshiftnetwork.com/access
Sign in with the same email address used when registering for your course.
On-Demand Video Access Issues
If you are experiencing issues with playing recorded videos from your Course Homepage, please try the following suggestions:
- Clear your cache/cookies. (https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/)
- Refresh your browser.
- Open the order form in a different browser, such as Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ or Chrome https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
- Restart your computer or device.
- Check volume control
- Let the video buffer: Press play on the video, and then immediately press pause. Wait about 5 minutes for the video to buffer, and then press play again. This alleviates the start-stop playback that occurs if the video plays faster than your internet connection can load it.
Troubleshooting issues with video: http://theshiftnetwork.com/page/video-technical-support
• Make sure sound is turned on/up on their computer
• Make sure sound is on/up on the video window itself
• They will need a minimum Internet download speed of about 1 mbps
• Best to have a computer processor of 2 GHz dual core processor or greater
• Try refreshing their browser window, or restarting their computer
• Try using a different browser such as Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
or Chrome https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
Additionally, you might try going into your Browser preferences, Security settings, Internet Plug-ins settings, and make sure Adobe Flash Player is turned on for the site.