Connect to Zoom Video Upon Joining a Meeting
The most common cause of Zoom video issues is not connecting to Zoom Video when you join a meeting.
After you've clicked on the link to join the Zoom session, you may be asked to choose your video option before officially joining the meeting. You can select whether or not to have your video on so others can see you. This will not affect your ability to see the teacher or course host.
If you do not have your video on upon entering the meeting, you can click on the camera at the bottom left of the Zoom window to turn your video on or off.
Watch Zoom Tutorial
Click here to watch a YouTube video demonstrating how to test your computer audio and video settings.
Check These Basics
- Are you attending at the correct session time?
- Is your computer volume on and turned up sufficiently?
- Are your computer speakers working properly?
- Is your headset (if using) working properly?
- Do you have the most recent Zoom update? It is imperative that you are using the most current version of Zoom, or it may affect your live class sessions. Visit this link for instructions on how to update Zoom.
If none of the suggestions above work, try the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- Clear your web browser cache.
- Test your Zoom connection. Join a free test Zoom meeting by visiting zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with Zoom and test your microphone/speakers. Click here for full instructions.
If you need assistance beyond these recommendations, please contact Zoom Support directly.
If you have any trouble connecting to Zoom during class, please connect by phone with the instructions on the Course Homepage, and AFTER class, reach out to our Customer Support Team for additional assistance.
The video recording will be available on the Course Homepage 48 hours after the live broadcast.