The Shift Network offers closed captioning, along with transcripts in PDF format, to make our programs more accessible and user-friendly for our deaf and hearing-impaired community, as well as anyone who needs the additional support of written words.
Please see the approximate timelines below for the availability of transcripts and closed captioning for specific Shift Network events and programs.
- Live closed captions (supported by Rev.com) are offered during class sessions.
- Transcripts and closed captions on video recordings are available on the Course Homepage within 1 week after each live session. Transcripts for the previous week's session are usually posted 1–2 days prior to the next live session.
- Closed captions are only available when streaming the video online (not on downloaded videos).
Free Introductory Webinars for Shift Network Courses
- Links to video recordings are emailed to all registered event participants shortly after the Encore broadcast. You can return to the link provided in that email two weeks after the live broadcast to find the closed caption (CC) option available. (Please note that CC is only available when the video recording is streamed online; CC is not available on downloaded recordings.)
- Transcripts are available within 1-2 weeks of the live broadcast upon request only.
Free Course Q&A Events
- Live Q&A events are hosted on Facebook, which offers users a CC option.
- Transcripts are not available for our Q&A events.
Summit Upgrade Packages
- Transcripts & CC on video recordings are typically posted on the summit Premium Access Page within 4 hours of a session's initial airing. . Please be aware that there are sometimes delays beyond our control.
Free Online Summits
- Closed captions are added to all session video recordings (after going through a formal transcription process).
- Session recordings are typically posted on the event Program & Replays Page 4 hours after they initially air. Then they are available for free replay for 48 hours.
- Live closed captions are not currently available during the airing of the event. Hopefully, that is something our video hosting provider will offer soon!